An Account Executive at DES is responsible for conducting the business development efforts for our local operation. The chosen candidate(s) must be able to learn and promote all business services offered. Qualifying candidates must also possess an outgoing personality, with the ability to build strong client/vendor relationships. Finally, potentials for this opportunity should have strong organizational skills with the ability to work independently but also communicate within a team environment.
The position entails outside business to business selling, lead generation which could include cold calling businesses, setting up lunches as well as meetings and a follow up process ending in writing proposals and paperwork. The chosen candidate will be expected to be involved in Chamber events as well as attending business networking events and generally being involved in the community. Position pays a base salary plus a residual commission program. This position also includes a monthly gas and cell phone allowance among other job related benefits. Scheduled hours are Monday thru Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
* Outgoing personality, ability to build and maintain relationships with current and prospective clients
* Interest in longevity with our company
* 20+ cold call stops per day (goal)
* 2-4 new accounts per month (quota is 1, goal is 4)
* 2 or 4 year degree is preferred
* Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to pass a background check and drug test.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Outstanding customer service skills
* Business to business sales experience preferred but not mandatory
* Ambition to learn and build a clientele
* Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal or no direct supervision
* An ability to adhere to challenges and stressful situations
Please send qualified resume, salary expectations and be able to provide a list of professional references if requested to: firstname.lastname@example.org